Admission Requirements and Procedures for New Pupils and Transferees
The University of the Assumption Grade School (UAGS) offers a preparatory course to Grade One and general elementary course to all pre-elementary and elementary school-aged children.
Age requirements for Preschool and Grade 1 are as follows:
- Junior Kindergarten: at least 4 years of age and above
- Senior Kindergarten: at least 5 years of age and above
- Grade One: at least 6 years of age and above
- Accomplished Recommendation Form
- Good Moral Character Certificate for Grades 1 to 6
- Original and Photocopy of Report Card for Grades 1 to 6
- Original and Photocopy of NSO/PSA Birth Certificate
- Original and Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate/Church Document
- Additional 1 copy of recent colored 2×2 picture with name tag
Additional Requirements for Foreign/Dual Citizen Applicants
- 1. Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) duly certified by the Commission on Immigration and Deportation
- Study Permit duly certified by the Legal Division of the Department of Education Regional Office No. 3
- Scholastic Grades earned abroad to be evaluated by the School Heads as per DECS Order No. 26 s.1994. Alien pupils should pass the written examination and interview given by the admission committee. Should the applicants pass both the examination and interview, they will be admitted on probationary status. Acceptance of alien pupils depends on the availability of slots.
- Certificate of Dual Citizenship
- Foreign and Philippine Passports
- Form 137
- Result of interview by the UAGS Records-in- Charge
- Secure Application Form and test schedule from the Guidance Office and pay the testing fee at the Business Office.
- Submit the accomplished Application Form and admission requirements to the Guidance Office and take the admission examination as scheduled.
- Upon passing the admission test, submit a photocopy of the Report Card with complete grades and secure Enrollment Permit at the Guidance Office on or before the official enrollment schedule.
NOTE: As a general rule, transferees from Junior Kinder to Grade Six should apply before the start of the current school year. Failure to enroll on time would mean cancellation of his right to enroll in favor of other qualified applicants.
Entrance Test and Interview
- Preschool applicants shall undergo assessment tests
- Grades 1-6 applicants shall either receive a PASSED (80% and above) or NEEDS FOLLOW UP (79% and below) test results
- Must pass the evaluation of the school authorities including the interview for non-Catholic applicants.
- 1. Submit the following on the scheduled enrollment dates at the Guidance Testing Room and secure Pupil’s Information Sheet:
- Old Pupils (Preschool to Grade 6) – Original Report Card
- New Pupils (Preschool without previous school) – Enrollment Permit
- Transferees (Preschool to Grade 6) – Original Report Card and Enrollment Permit
- Pay the Parents-Teachers Council of Assumption Association, Inc. (PTCAAI) Fee.
- Submit the accomplished student information sheet, present the PTCAAI receipt, and secure Pupil’s Registration Forms at the Encoding Room (3rd Floor Ramos Bldg.).
Pay the tuition fees at the Business Office.
Procure books, notebooks, PE uniform, badges and school seal at the UA Bookstore.
Pupils enrolled in the UA Grade School have the priority for admission in the coming academic year provided they meet the requirements for promotion and submitted their reservation form. However, they are expected to enroll within the registration period to avoid penalty and to maintain the slot reserved for them. Failure to enroll on time specified for registration would mean cancellation of the reservation.
Non-Catholics and Non- Christians
- Conditions for Admission
- Since Christian Life Education (CLE) is the core subject of the UAGS, the pupils must take up the required CLE lessons in their particular level.
- The pupil must participate in any school-sponsored activities in CLE inside and outside school campus except for confirmation, First Holy Communion and confession.
- The pupil and his/her parents/guardian must conform to and respect the Catholic Church in relation to its dogmas, teachings and hierarchy, or to the feelings of the faithful in places devoted to religious worship.
- Grades Five and Six pupils must attend scheduled annual recollection/retreat.
- The pupil and his/her parents/guardians are prevented from any form of proselytizing activities, like trying to convert members of the UA community.
Memorandum of Agreement
The parents/guardians of the concerned pupil are required to sign a memorandum of agreement regarding the conditions for admission of non-Catholics and non-Christians. The Christian Life Education Memorandum of Agreement is signed after the orientation conference of the pupil applicant and his/her parents/guardians with the CLE Academic Chair or the Guidance Counselor.
Schedule of Payment
|GRADE SCHOOL||Junior Kinder||Senior Kinder||Grade One||Grade Two||Grade Three||Grade Four||Grade Five||Grade Six|
|Miscellaneous & other fees||1,745.00||1,745.00||3,121.00||3,121.00||5,270.00||7,336.00||7,336.00||7,336.00|
|Initial Payment *||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00|
|Monthly Payment from July to March||1,865.13||1,865.13||2,411.20||2,411.20||2,649.98||2,765.35||2,765.35||2,554.56|
*Paid reservation fee will be deducted to initial payment due.
** Cash payment discount of 1% on Tuition Fee is given to those who will pay in full during the official enrolment period